General > WebCat/WebCatPlus

Reading text in my PC sent out the WC serial port

(1/2) > >>

Espallator:
I am testing your demo application of WebCat (C:\\bipom\\devtools\\Publisher\\Examples\\WebCat\\Demo). The keypad, lcd and lights asp files work perfectly. Then, when I tried serial.asp occurred something unexpected. Every time I connect the Hyper Terminal in my PC with my WebCat, the communication is lost. Why?
I tried different settings on the HyperTerminal but the problem stills.
I am connected wireless between my PC and Webcat using an access point D-Link DWL-900AP+. I also tried wired (crossover) but the problem also stills. Please Help.

vitaliy:
HyperTerminal drives DTR line of COM port switching between BOOT and RUN modes.
To solve the problem just remove JP1 ( BOOT) jumper.
Note, if JP1 is open you will not be able to download.
To restore that feature install the JP1 back.

Espallator:

--- Quote ---HyperTerminal drives DTR line of COM port switching between BOOT and RUN modes.
--- End quote ---

Mmh...there was not JP1 (BOOT) jumper installed on my MM51E rev1.03 and it is able to download without it. Curious. So, my problem stills.
What I am thinking to do is a serial cable using only Rx,Tx and GND eluding the controls. I will keep you posted.

Espallator:

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---HyperTerminal drives DTR line of COM port switching between BOOT and RUN modes.
--- End quote ---

Mmh...there was not JP1 (BOOT) jumper installed on my MM51E rev1.03 and it is able to download without it. Curious. So, my problem stills.
What I am thinking to do is a serial cable using only Rx,Tx and GND eluding the controls. I will keep you posted.
--- End quote ---

Ok. I solved it building a serial cable using only RxD, TxD and GND. Now I can read in my laptop the serial port of MM51E. Here the diagram:
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7493/webcatpcserial.jpg
Thanks Vitaliy  :D

vitaliy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version