Author Topic: external ram  (Read 13129 times)

jim06

external ram
« on: July 27, 2004, 08:45:40 am »
Hi,

I work on 68HC912DG128A with Metrowerks compilator and i want to add external RAM!
So, if you have already do it or any suggestions about initialization of the registers or others things....
Or if you get a schematic of how to connect the micro with RAM, I take all what will be able to help me !

Thank you in advance  
Regards

bgoodman4

Re: external ram
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:24:38 pm »
I have the same problem but I have found what may be a solution (although at first glance it looks like its beyond my technical ability to implement). I am posting the results of one of the hits from a google search that appears to address this issue. I hope it helps at least some of you.

Interfacing to External Static Ram
Many systems need to make use of an external RAM as the memory provided on the programmable chip may be insufficient to meet the needs of the application. ...
www.birdcomputer.ca/Documents/interfacing_to_external_static_ram.html

biffvomicona

external ram
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 01:44:35 pm »
Hi,
I cant seem to figure out how to get rid of this build error:

Error launching external scanner info generator xcc -E -P -v -dD D:/My Documents/xmos/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.make.core/specs.xcusbaudioUnknownC/XC Problem

It says the location is unknown, but I was able to get to specs.xc, which is an empty file.  Any ideas?
Thanks,
Richard